For Designers & Developers
Content Management with Powerful CSS Support
Fast, lean and flexible, Mura CMS just might be a Web designer’s dream come true. Built by a team of designers, developers and programmers, Mura CMS addresses the most frequent needs and problems associated with content management software.
We’ve eliminated proprietary code and rigid templates while creating built-in extras that simplify and expedite webpage creation. Standards-based output, helpful pre-built navigation objects and flexible templating gives Mura users the power to design with freedom. Mura CMS is CSS Zen Garden realized.
Features you’ll appreciate include:
- Themes - Mura CMS ships with attractive, useful site themes, and more are available in our Marketplace. Just drop in your theme folder to your site, and you have an entire new look and feel available to select.
- Flexible templating - There's no limit to site layout options; If you can design it in CSS, you can build it in Mura CMS.
- Dynamically-generated CSS hooks - All site and page elements can be targeted multiple ways: globally, by section, by page, by object. For instance, you can provide unique CSS rules for an object in a specific page in a specific section at a specific depth in your site.
- Mura CMS provides you with logically structured, semantically correct output and the ability to toggle between <h1>'s and <h2>'s for page titles while maintaining a consistent page structure.
- Direct access to markup output - Don't like the way we do it? No offense taken. You can get into the code and craft it exactly as you'd like; it's easy to modify Mura CMS's output to use the CSS framework of your choice (YUI, Blueprint, etc.).
- Tons of built-in objects and functionality that save you time and effort. Mura CMS comes with image galleries, calendars, and content objects like comments, ratings, share with a friend, etc. that will make your site creation process easy and fast.
- Excellent SEO support - You can control the page title, browser title, navigation title and URL title independently, plus give your users full control over their meta keyword and description fields. You can even add dynamically created sitemaps for both users (in-page) and Search Engines (sitemap.xml files).
- Pre-built, dynamically-generated navigation objects provide you with almost any navigation options (subnav, sequential, pagination, etc. ) you want to add to your site.
- Categorization and Tagging - dynamically create navigation and site structures based on a taxonomy
- Easy to customize while keeping your Mura CMS instance upgradeable via our one-click update option.
- Plugins - The Mura CMS Marketplace has lots of plugins to provide you with additional Mura CMS functionality, and you can easily build your own if you need something that's not yet available.
Mura is an HTML generator that allows you to build sites incredibly rapidly and focus on the things you need to, instead of mind-numbing tasks like text input and copy changes (let's leave that to the marketing folks). Once your basic site set up is complete, you'll rarely leave your CSS editor. And since Mura supports multiple sites off a single install, you can manage several sites from a single codebase.
Have a Great Design?
Not only will you be able to share it with the Mura community in the Mura Marketplace, but you'l be able to sell it there too.
For more about Mura CMS, check out our full feature set description.